The first Test match between South Africa and Bangladesh starts on Thursday.
DURBAN – History books will be rewritten when South Africa and Bangladesh battle it out at Kingsmead Stadium on Thursday, in their first Test match of Bangladesh’s tour of the country.
Last week Bangladesh won the One-Day International (ODI) Series 2-1 after winning the first and last ODI.
Here are some interesting statistics about Thursday’s encounter and the stadium they will be playing in:
- It will be the first time that South Africa and Bangladesh will meet in an international fixture at Kingsmead.
- It will be the 45th Test match to be hosted at Kingsmead.
- South Africa has played 44 Test matches, won 14, drawn 14 and lost 16 at Kingsmead.
- The first Test at Kingsmead was between South Africa and England on January 18, 1923. The match ended in a draw.
- The last Test match played at Kingsmead was on February 13, 2019, when Sri Lanka beat South Africa with a one-wicket victory after Kusal Perera hit an unbeaten 153.
- It will be the 13th time South Africa and Bangladesh meet in a Test match.
- Bangladesh has never beaten South Africa in a Test match. In the 12 matches they have played, South Africa have won 10 matches, registering two draws.
- South Africa won eight of the 10 matches by batting once, winning by an innings.
* Source: Hollywoodbets Kingsmead Stadium