Home South African Tony Forbes says his son’s murder was premeditated and planned

Tony Forbes says his son’s murder was premeditated and planned

157

Tony Forbes, the father of the rapper Kiernan “AKA” Forbes, has once again spoken out about his son’s murder and expressed scepticism that the person responsible for his son’s death was actually one of the suspects in custody.

Five men suspected to be behind the murder of rapper AKA appeared in the Durban Magistrate’s court on Thursday. Picture: Doctor Ngcobo

By Anita Nkonki

DURBAN – Tony Forbes, the father of the rapper Kiernan “AKA” Forbes, has once again spoken out about his son’s murder and expressed scepticism that the person responsible for his son’s death was actually one of those in custody.

Forbes was in court when five of the seven suspects who are allegedly linked to the murder of the late rapper and Tebello “Tibz” Motsoane, appeared in the Durban Magistrate’s Court on Thursday for a bail application.

The case was postponed to March 18.

Forbes has claimed that the R800,000 indicates that his son’s murder was premeditated and planned.

“The R800,000 is just confirmation that it was a big, planned event. It was thought out and the mastermind for me is someone who has access to that type of money and type of resource. I still, like I said last time, doubt that the mastermind is one of these people here. And the R800,000 further supports my view.”

He shared this after the State added two more counts pertaining to money laundering involving a payment of R800,000, bringing the charges to 12.

Forbes has been vocal about the ongoing case; he had earlier said that the banking system would be able to follow the money’s history and assist with the investigation.

“I don’t think that the provincial commissioner was listening to the Q&A and the statement. I don’t think the commissioner meant the true mastermind; I think he was referring to the co-ordinator, and so the co-ordinator, if I understand things correctly, received the sum of money and shared it with the six other people.

“Where did that money come from? If it came from the banking system, then the banking system should be able to pick up the trail and find out where it came from. And continue the investigation. So is this the true mastermind? My gut feeling says no,” he said.

The five accused, identified as Lindokuhle Thabani Mkhwanazi, 30, Lindani Zenzele Ndimande, 35, Siyanda Eddie Myeza, 21, Mziwethemba Harvey Gwabeni, 36, and Lindokuhle Lindo Ndimande, 29, face charges of conspiracy to commit murder, two counts of murder, unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and five counts of attempted murder.

The case of two more suspects, 29-year-old Lindokuhle Ndimande and his brother, 28-year-old Siyabonga Ndimande, who were apprehended in eSwatini, is awaiting a bid for the brothers’ extradition.

Previous articleKelly Khumalo ordered hit on Senzo Meyiwa, confession statements reveal
Next articleHlaudi Motsoeneng aims to govern Free State