Home News We will not back down – ANC ‘rebels’

We will not back down – ANC ‘rebels’

82
SHARE

Papers were filed in November last year where ANC members want the ANC leadership in the Province to be declared unlawful

Picture: Motshwari Mofokeng/ANA

ANC COURT applicants who are challenging the appointment of the ANC Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) in the Northern Cape, said that they would not be backing down following the withdrawal of their instructing attorneys.

Mabuza Attorneys from Johannesburg filed notice of their withdrawal as attorneys of record in the Northern Cape High Court on April 18.

Papers were filed in November last year where ANC members want the ANC leadership in the Province to be declared unlawful.

One of the court applicants, Eric Khotseng, stated that they had terminated the services of Mabuza Attorneys as there had not been any progress on the case since last year.

“It has been way too long. Five months down the line, and no court date has been set. The provincial, national and regional ANC structures are also using delaying tactics as their replying affidavits are still outstanding. We have appointed new attorneys from a firm based in Bloemfontein. These are the same attorneys who won a case to oppose the former ANC chairperson in the Free State, Ace Magashule.”

Khotseng indicated that bribes were offered to branch members who are supporting the court case. “However, our members refused to be harassed and intimidated. Documents were also fabricated to strengthen the defence’s case.”

ANC provincial secretary Deshi Ngxanga said that they were not aware of the attorneys’ notice of withdrawal. “Such notice of withdrawal is part of the court process and therefore the matter remains sub judice. We are therefore unable to comment on this matter,” said Ngxanga.

– Sandi Kwon Hoo