Home News Sol refuse worker still in ICU following shooting

Sol refuse worker still in ICU following shooting

282

A Sol Plaatje Municipality refuse worker is still in the ICU in hospital after he was shot last week.

The three employees at Sol Plaatje municipality who were found in possession of suspected stolen cables last week will be issued with suspension letters. Picture: Supplied

A SOL Plaatje Municipality refuse worker is still in the ICU in hospital after he was shot last week.

The Roodepan police are investigating an attempted murder case after a shooting took place in Roodepan on June 24.

Police spokesperson Sergeant Timothy Sam said earlier this week that no arrests had been made yet, while the victim was in a serious condition.

“The investigation continues.”

Sol Plaatje Municipality spokesperson Thoko Riet said the employee was still in the intensive care unit (ICU) although he was in a stable condition.

She indicated that the circumstances surrounding the shooting were uncertain.

“It does not appear to be a work-related incident.”

She added that the three municipal workers who were arrested last week after they were found in possession of cables that were stolen from the Galeshewe substation in Phutanang would be issued with suspension letters pending the finalisation of their disciplinary hearings.

The three employees were arrested while in the process of selling the cables at a local scrapyard.

The workers appeared for a bail hearing this week.

Previous articleDA lodges ’racketeering’ complaint against ANC over state capture
Next articleNC metal dealers summoned to appear in court