Recipients of the Covid-19 grant will only receive the grant until the end of January 2021.
RECIPIENTS of the Covid-19 grant will only receive the grant until the end of January 2021.
SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) spokesperson Inno Khonou said only applications of appeals will be considered afterwards.
“Sassa has determined a cut-off date for lodging appeals in respect of declined Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grants. The purpose is to strengthen administrative controls in the management of this grant and to give effect to a conducive environment for accounting. Appeals for applications made during the extension period, between November 2020 and January 2021 should be lodged on or before February 28, 2021,” said Khonou.
Khonou said that those who have previously lodged an appeal are not eligible to reapply.
“Declined applicants who have already lodged appeals must not reapply or re-appeal. Sassa will send applicants the outcome of their appeals through SMS.
“Appellants are requested not to send attachments when lodging their appeals. Appeals can be lodged on https//srd.sassa.gov.za website or by sending an e-mail to [email protected] All appeals will be considered and appellants will be provided with feedback.
“Applicants that are aggrieved by the decision to decline their applications are requested to provide reasons why they think Sassa’s decision was incorrect or provide a motivation when lodging their appeals.
“All appeals will be treated in a fair and transparent manner to ensure a high standard of administrative justice is maintained in the administration of grants,” she concluded.