‘Not all staff at Kimberley office positive’
THE SABC Northern Cape office has dismissed a voice note currently doing the rounds that all staff members at the Kimberley office have tested positive for Covid-19 and are in ICU. “This is in fact not true,” it said in a post on its Facebook page.
“One is the SABC staff members in the office tested positive, and as a precautionary measure, the public broadcaster decided to temporarily close the Kimberley office. It was also advised that all employees in the office will be in quarantine.”
It was reported yesterday that the SABC offices in Kimberley had been sanitised and disinfected, after a journalist tested positive for the coronavirus this week.
Acting SABC spokesperson Mmoni Seapolelo said on Friday that operations at the Kimberley office had been temporarily suspended, as a precautionary measure.
“All employees based in that office are in self isolation.
“We have one confirmed case of coronavirus at our Northern Cape Provincial office. The employee concerned is under quarantine and will be monitored.”
She added that the Bloemfontein office was currently providing supporting to ensure business continuity of SABC operations in the Northern Cape.