Home News R22 million allocated towards development of online school registration

R22 million allocated towards development of online school registration

250
SHARE

A budget of R22 million has been allocated towards the further development of the Online Application System of the Northern Cape Department of Education.

A BUDGET of R22 million has been allocated towards the further development of the Online Application System of the Northern Cape Department of Education.

The department said the online system has enabled parents in the Province to now apply for school placement from the comfort of their homes.

Last year parents could apply for school placement for their children using the online system when they logged on to a website provided by the department.

The department, however, indicated this year that only entry grades will make use of the application system. Parents will have to apply at the school of their choice for placement for middle grades.

The department said it also has 150 walk-in centres across the Province to assist parents with no internet access to capture their applications.

MEC of Education, Zolile Monakali, said the online application system has not only made the application process faster and easier for parents, but also alleviated the strain on the department.

“The online admission system is curbing late admission applications, backlog of placements and also assists with social distancing and adherence to the Covid-19 regulations. The online admission system is currently open for the 2022 school academic year applications until June 30, 2021,” said Monakali.