Home News One dead in Galeshewe shack fire

One dead in Galeshewe shack fire

595

Community members said they could not save the person inside the shack as the fire was too strong.

Pictures: Danie van der Lith

A SHACK fire in Magoda Street in Galeshewe claimed the life of one person on Sunday afternoon.

Community members said they could not save the person inside the shack as the fire was too strong. They added that various attempts to call the fire brigade had also failed.

The community members eventually managed to extinguish the fire with the use of buckets of water and a hosepipe.

By the time the police and the fire brigade arrived on the scene the fire was already out.

The community members said that a disabled man lived in the backyard shack.

Previous article100m Olympics curse continues for Akani Simbine
Next articleEsteban Ocon wins chaotic Hungarian GP