The Online Learner Admissions System will only cater for Grade R, 1 and 8 applications.
OVER 150 walk-in registration centres have been established by the Northern Cape Department of Education to assist with 2022 pupil registrations.
The department said on Monday that the 2022 online learner admissions process will commence on June 1, 2021, at 9am, and close at midnight on June 30, 2021, but will only be for Grade R, 1 and 8 applications.
Department spokesperson Lehuma Ntuane said the department is certain that there will be sufficient time to process all pupil admission applications.
“The Online Learner Admissions System will cater only for Grade R, 1 and 8 applications. The other middle grades must be applied for at the schools of choice. Given the experience of last year’s learner admission campaign, we anticipate more than 18,000 successful applications in the first week,” said Ntuane.
He added that parents without internet access will be assisted at the walk-in centres.
“We are cognisant of the fact that the Northern Cape is a rural province and that there are certain areas where internet connectivity is a challenge. The department has established 153 centres throughout the Province to assist parents and legal guardians who do not have access to necessary devices or internet connectivity. Each walk-in centre will have dedicated personnel to assist parents in this regard.”
Ntuane said all Covid-19 protocols will be practised at the centres.
“The department will make provision for all Covid-19 essentials at each walk-in centre, including temperature scanners, sanitisers and a daily visitor register.”
He added that a call centre, which will deal with pupil admission enquiries, had also been established.
“The call centre will start operating from Monday, May 17, 2021. Parents can contact the call centre on 053 874 7012/46 or 053 874 7161/89 and 053 874 7239/92. Parents can also log onto www.ncdoeadmissions.org to apply for placement for the entry grades.”