Home News N Cape police stations closed due to Covid-19

N Cape police stations closed due to Covid-19

File picture: Itumeleng English / African News Agency (ANA)

THE POLICE in the Northern Cape have confirmed that several police stations in Kimberley and the Province have been closed due to Covid-19 infections.

Kagisho police station in Galeshewe is among the stations that were closed on Thursday for decontamination.

Sources claim that three Covid-19 cases were reported at the station.

Police spokesperson Brigadier Mohale Ramatseba could not confirm the number of positive cases reported, but stated that the station had been temporarily closed in order for Covid-19 protocols to be concluded.

“The station was disinfected on July 23 and will be reopened. If the station is ready for reopening on July 24, communities will be informed in this regard,” he said.

Ramatseba added that the Prieska police station had also temporarily closed.

“Prieska police station was also closed for the purposes of decontamination due to Covid-19 positive cases at the station.

“Service delivery will, however, not be halted and communities can contact Captain Lebakeng on 082 495 4767 or Captain du Plessis on 082 260 0245 for any queries. The opening of the station will be further communicated,” he said.

The Galeshewe Community Service Centre and Detectives building was also closed for decontamination. This after a member tested positive for Covid-19.

“The building will be reopened as soon as all Covid-19 protocols have been concluded. A mobile community service centre, in the form of a park home, has been made available next to the Home Affairs offices to serve the public and attend to complaints,” said Ramatseba.

Meanwhile, the police offices in Chapel Street in the Kimberley CBD are also closed for decontamination.

“The offices had to be closed on July 22 after some members tested positive for Covid-19. The said members have been placed under quarantine. Other members who came into close contact with the positive members have been isolated. The decontamination process took place on July 23 and the offices will be fully operational from July 27,” Ramatseba said.

Previous articleHelpless city homeowners despair as shacks sprout
Next articleWorkers refuse to enter Galeshewe Day Hospital as more staff test positive