Summary of the speech made by President Cyril Ramaphosa:
* LOCKDOWN LEVEL 3 with immediate effect – until January 15 2021.
* CURFEW: 21:00 to 06:00
* ALCOHOL BAN: The sale of alcohol from retail outlets and on-site consumption of alcohol will not be permitted.
* MASKS: Everybody MUST wear a mask. If you don’t wear it, you can be arrested and prosecuted.
* All beaches, dams, lakes, rivers, parks etc will be closed to the public from Tuesday.
* Restaurants and bars must close at 20:00 every night.
* EVENTS CANCELLED: All indoor and outdoor events cancelled with immediate effect.
* Businesses may continue to operate.
* Nightclubs will not be allowed to operate.
* Travel to hotspot districts should be avoided. Every single district has the potential to become a hotspot.
* Ramaphosa says healthcare workers are exhausted. Over 41 000 workers have been infected.