The Pabalelo police are investigating an inquest into the death of a 50 year old man who died in a shack fire.
THE PABALELO Pabalelo police are investigating an inquest into the death of a 50 year old man who died in a shack fire.
Captain Sergio Kock said the fire started at about 6.40pm on June 4.
“The fire brigade was called out to assist with the extinguishing of the blaze. The man died on the scene. The investigation continues.”
He advised communities not to fall asleep beside a fire inside a shanty or house during the cold weather or to leave gas or electric heaters burning overnight.
Kock warned against overloading plugs with extra heating electrical appliances or to leave candles burning unattended.
“Do not smoke cigarettes in bed and be extra careful when using electric blankets. Rather dress warmer and use extra blankets during the cold winter months.”