Home News FF+ candidate in hot water over porn video

FF+ candidate in hot water over porn video

272

‘Lekker eet’ WhatsApp recipe group ladies hot under the collar after Freedom Front Plus ward candidate posts porn video on the social media group.

A Freedom Front Plus (FF+) ward candidate is in hot water after a pornographic video was posted on a social media group. Picture : Simone Kley

A PORNOGRAPHIC video that was circulated on a recipe group on social media, named “Lekker eet”, by a local Freedom Front Plus (FF+) ward candidate has had a few people hot under the collar.

The incident follows not long after a raunchy video of a naked woman was posted on the Sol Plaatje Municipality service delivery group by a DA ward candidate, who claimed it was sent “by accident” along with a batch of sewage images, in August.

The ward candidate’s name appears on the DA list of registered candidates contesting the local government elections.

Recipients on the “Lekker eet” group, including a number of elderly ladies, were outraged at the sexually explicit content of the video and pointed out that it was only the sender who was able to delete it from the group.

“It is disgusting. He will probably use the excuse that his phone was hacked again,” said one of the outraged group members.

It was reported that the same candidate had previously posted 14 pornographic images on a neighbourhood watch group last year, where he was believed to have been issued with a fine.

Provincial FF+ leader Dr Wynand Boshoff said yesterday that the party viewed the matter in a serious light.

Boshoff added that the ward candidate was being subjected to a disciplinary process.

“On October 1, at about 7pm, I was notified by our mayoral candidate in Sol Plaatje that an uproar had erupted over a post by our ward candidate in ward 24, because of a pornographic post on the WhatsApp group called ‘Lekker eet’,” said Boshoff.

“I called a provincial executive meeting of the FF+ at 10pm and also notified our federal judicial committee. Everyone was unanimous about the seriousness of the matter.

“The FF+ is a party based on Christian values and believes in the sanctity of marriage and the family. Although current legislation is very tolerant about sexual permissiveness and it is not illegal to have and distribute pornography depicting consenting adults, the FF+ is less tolerant.”

Boshoff added that the provincial executive had decided to initiate a disciplinary process.

“According to our party constitution, the process must strike a balance between the party’s need to maintain discipline and an accused’s right to be heard. Legislation is such that, even if a candidate dies before the election, that candidate will still appear on the ballot. If that candidate wins, a by-election will follow. The same goes for a candidate suspended by his/her party.”

Boshoff pointed out that he was not in a position to “elaborate on any explanations or excuses” regarding the incident as the case was sub judice.

He explained that the previous incident occurred “more than two years ago”.

“I have the minimum information about that, as the ward candidate was not a member of the party at the time.

“I was sensitised about the matter when he applied to be a candidate, where a member informed me that he had then maintained that his phone was hacked. We therefore did not pursue the matter any further.”

Boshoff added that the explicit material was posted on a group from a number the candidate had utilised while he was a DA ward councillor in ward 24.

“At the time of the incident he was, according to my knowledge, not aligned to any political party. The incident was therefore not referred to the FF+’s national structures at that stage, or later, as there was no reason to do so.”

Boshoff stated that this incident would come into consideration during the disciplinary process.

Previous articleMan arrested for allegedly raping, assaulting and setting girlfriend alight
Next articleShalulile a rare and precious gem