Home News ANC gives NC dept standing ovation for online school admission system

ANC gives NC dept standing ovation for online school admission system

346
SHARE

“Since the launch of the online system, more than 52,000 applications have been processed thus far. This is a huge achievement which has scrapped the long queues seen at schools at the beginning of the year.”

File image

THE ANC caucus in the Northern Cape Legislature gave the provincial Department of Education a standing ovation for the newly introduced online school admission system on Wednesday.

The department officially launched the new system on September 14, 2020 to eliminate the long lines at schools during the application period.

The ANC caucus manager, Xhanti Teki, said the system had been a huge success.

“Since the launch of the online system, more than 52,000 applications have been processed thus far. This is a huge achievement which has scrapped the long queues seen at schools at the beginning of the year,” said Teki.

Teki urged parents to apply for their children timeously.

“The caucus further commends the department for positively responding to the request of parents and legal guardians by extending the online application process to Friday, October 9, 2020. This can only strengthen the efforts of processing a substantial number of applications across the Province. As we approach the closing date of the applications, parents and legal guardians are encouraged to take advantage of the extension by visiting the department’s website www.ncdoeadmissions.org to register their children,” he said.