Home News 60-year-old man Northern Cape’s latest positive case

60-year-old man Northern Cape’s latest positive case

131
SHARE

‘Although this patient was incorrectly recorded as a patient from the Free State, this has now been corrected. We were aware of the patient and had already started the contact tracing whilst this was corrected,'” said Mkhize.

A 60-year-old man from the Sol Plaatje municipal area is the 39th person to test positive for COVID-19.

Spokesperson for the Department of Health, Lebogang Majaha, today confirmed that the patient was tested on May 12, 2020, and he was reported as positive by the laboratory on May 16,2020.

“Although this patient was incorrectly recorded as a patient from the Free State, this has now been corrected. We were aware of the patient and had already started the contact tracing whilst this was corrected,” said Majaha.

He said 46 staff members at Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe hospital had been tested and placed in quarantine.

“Tracing and testing teams have been hard at work at Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe hospital. So far 46 staff have been tested and placed in quarantine, including 30 nurses, eight doctors,five porters, two cleaners and one adminstration staff member. They are also in the of tracing patients who will be screened and tested.”

Majaha added that the national number of COVID-19 cases has surpassed 20 000.

“The confirmed Covid-19 cases in South Africa is 20 125 with 10 104 recoveries and 397 deaths. The Northern Cape recorded 39 cases, 27 recoveries and one death,” he said.